This course meets all of the Level 1 & 2 Nursing and Allied Health Professionals Trauma Competencies, using a fresh and innovative ATACC Group approach, developed over the last 20 years of experience by the International ATACC faculty.
It includes the following clinical areas:
1. The NTACC “Standard Routine” to receiving trauma patients
2. Initial patient assessment using MARCH
3. Massive haemorrhage control techniques with IDiDiT
4. Airway management including assistance with RSI and surgical airway
5. The current evidence and ATACC Group best practice on c-spine management
6. The RU IN SHAPE method of respiratory assessment
7. Assistance with surgical procedures including thoracostomy, chest drain, and thoracotomy
8. Assessment and management of shock
9. Physiology and treatment strategy of traumatic brain injury
10. Use of point of care ultrasound and other diagnostic imaging
11. Special populations including children, elderly, pregnant and bariatric patients
12. Issues relating to death of a trauma patient.
We also go into depth on essential non clinical non-technical skills, such as:
13. Crew Resource Management
17. Situational Awareness.
All of these skills will be challenged and developed on the course which is fully scenario based and run in our Immersive interactive classroom.